BTA Awards 21 Scholarships
BTA Awards 21 Scholarships
The Business Technology Association (BTA) has announced its 2022-23 scholarship winners. Twenty-one students were awarded scholarships.
Each year, BTA awards one $3,000, one $2,000 and a number of $1,500 and $1,000 scholarships to qualifying children of full-time employees of current BTA member dealerships. Since the 1984-85 school year, BTA has awarded 1,537 scholarships to deserving students, totaling $1.7485 million.
The BTA Scholarship Foundation is supported by continuing contributions from individual dealers, as well as manufacturers and distributors.
On Feb. 23, 1968, the Dorothy R. Ames Scholarship Fund was announced in honor of Ames at her retirement dinner in Great Neck, Long Island, New York, for her many contributions to the industry. Ames retired as the executive vice president of the Ames Supply Co. Ultimately, the fund became the BTA Scholarship Foundation, benefiting the sons and daughters of employees of BTA member dealerships nationwide.
Scholarship recipients are chosen each year by an impartial and independent evaluator. The scholarship recipients for the 2022-23 school year and their sponsoring BTA member dealerships are as follows:
- Noah Babin, Cobb Technologies, Glen Allen, Virginia
- Emily Bourgois, Fireside Office Solutions, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Mackenzie Breidel, EO Johnson Business Technologies, Wausau, Wisconsin
- Calli Bremness, EO Johnson Business Technologies, Wausau, Wisconsin
- Brooke Conner, RK Black Inc., Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Regan Fales, Applied Imaging, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Emily Fleming, CopyPro Inc., Greenville, North Carolina
- Gabriella Hamvas, Coordinated Business Systems, Burnsville, Minnesota
- Riley Husted, Applied Imaging, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Amanda LeBlanc, LDI Color ToolBox, Jericho, New York
- Spencer Lott, Fisher’s Technology, Boise, Idaho
- Ava Lucas, Purvis Business Machines Inc., Meridian Mississippi
- Jennifer Mays, Howard D. Happy Company, Mayfield, Kentucky
- Ashley Nierman, Eakes Office Solutions, Grand Island, Nebraska
- Lucas Payne, Centriworks | Thermocopy, Knoxville, Tennessee
- Madison Pritchard, Ashley’s Business Solutions, Tifton, Georgia
- Maizie Richard, Advanced Business Methods, Bismarck, North Dakota
- Caitlin Robel, Office Copying Equipment Ltd., Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- McKenzie Turner, Duplicator Sales & Service, Louisville, Kentucky
- Alexa Webb, Pacific Office Automation, Beaverton, Oregon
- Connor Williams, Loy’s Office Supplies, LaGrange, Georgia
If you would like to donate to the BTA Scholarship Foundation, you can donate online or send a check made out to the BTA Scholarship Foundation to: Business Technology Association, 12411 Wornall Road, Ste. 200, Kansas City, MO 64145.
For more information on the BTA Scholarship Foundation, visit www.bta.org/Scholarships.